You’ll find that printing postcards will be an excellent way to save a bit of money, as the printable greeting cards and printable postcards will cost very little to print out on your home printer – definitely much cheaper than buying a pack of postcards at the local pharmacy. Making greeting cards to print will be a good choice if you’re trying to keep your expenses down.
On this site, you’ll find all kinds of funny greeting cards, Halloween cards, New Years cards, Christmas cards, vintage post cards, vintage greeting cards, funny postcards for travellers, and printable postcards for just about every occasion you can think of. You’ll find that there’s a lot of awesome tips and tricks on this site to help you come up with unique and creative greeting cards, as well as information that you can use to make greeting cards using computer software.
If there’s something you want to know about greeting cards for any occasion, you’ve come to the right place!
Here’s an example of one of the vintage halloween cards and a vintage Christmas card:
Occasions to Send Greeting Cards
There are many occasions when you will need to send greeting cards, and you will be surprised when you find out just how many times in the year a card of some sort will have to be sent. Here are a few of the occasions when it’s customary to send out greeting cards:
• Birth of a Child – When a child is born, congratulations are in order. There’s nothing like a cute greeting card to wish the mother and father of the child luck and happiness, and there are always going to be hundreds of cute cards that you can find at local pharmacies, grocery stores, and supermarkets – as well as free printable cards to download and send.
• Birthdays – Everyone gets just one special day each year, and a greeting card is important to send when it’s that one day. You will find that sending a birthday card can be a good way to show people that you care about them, and that you’re thinking of them on their very special day of the year.
• Christmas –Christmas is one of the most wonderful times of the year, and it’s the time when friends and family usually gather to spend the holidays together. However, sometimes you aren’t able to get together with all of your family and friends to celebrate the special time of year, and that’s when a greeting card is the right thing for you to send. You’ll find that wishing your relatives and friends a Merry Christmas via greeting card won’t make up for your not being there, but it’s as good as it gets.
• You Want to Remind Someone of Your Friendship – It may sound silly, but there are always going to be occasions when you can send a nice greeting card to a friend to remind them that there’s someone thinking about them. If your friend is down in a bummer due to a rough week, is going through a tough situation, or just needs something to remind them that someone cares, a greeting card can be the way to go.
• Easter – Easter is a very religious holiday, and not everyone around the world observes the same occasion. However, regardless of the country, almost everyone in the world will celebrate something around that time of the year, and you can send a card to your friends and family in the spirit of Easter, Golden Week, or the holiday that is celebrated at that time.
• Get Well – There are many people that have friends and loved ones ill in the hospital, and a greeting card will be the perfect way to let people know that you’re wishing them the best in their tough time. They will be able to see the greeting card sitting next to their bed in the hospital, and they will feel your well-wishes to help them feel a lot better.
• Halloween – Halloween isn’t usually a time when cards are sent out, but there will be the occasional Halloween greeting card or two if you have friends or family members living far away that are very into the spirit of Halloween. If you have a tradition of getting together and doing something special at Halloween, a greeting card can be the best way to apologize for not making it.
• Mother’s Day – Mother is one of the most special people in your life, and few things will make her happier on her special day than a card from her beloved children. Small children may want to make their own cards, but those that are older will find that free printable cards and printable postcards can be a good idea if you want to send a unique card to your mother.
• Father’s Day – Fathers also need to be remembered one day out of the year, and the truth is that a good little gift will go a long way towards making Dad feel special. If you want to send him a gift or give him a surprise that will let him know that he’s loved, you will find that attaching a simple greeting card with a heartfelt note will truly help him feel what you feel.
• Sympathy or Condolences – The death of a loved one is a very challenging time for people around the world, and often they won’t want to see or interact with others that care for them. At this time, a greeting card can be a good idea, as you will be able to express your wishes in a way that they will constantly be able to remind themselves that there are still people that love them.
• Thank You – There’s always going to be a time when you need to thank someone for something that they did, and a thank you card can be a very important thing to buy for the right occasions. These cards will go great after a job interview, a special time with someone, or a fun outing with your spouse. You will find that a Thank You card will never go amiss, and it will be cherished by those that receive it.
• Valentine’s Day – One of the most special times of the year is Valentine’s Day, when lovers around the world unite to send their sweethearts chocolates, cards, and flowers. A cute card for Valentine’s Day will be a good way to write a special little message to your special someone, and you’ll find that these cards come in all shapes and sizes.
• Thanksgiving – Not too many people send cards on Thanksgiving, but there are some families that put a lot more stock in celebrating this holiday than most of the others. You will find that a simple greeting card can be a fun way to celebrate the holiday, and you will find that giving thanks will be much easier with your friends and family.
• Weddings –Wedding greeting cards are perfect way to let people know that they are invited to your wedding, though an invitation will also do the trick. You can send out greeting cards after the wedding to welcome the return of the Mr. and Mrs. from the honeymoon, as well as to thank people for the beautiful presents that they gave you.
• Baby Showers – A baby shower is the time when you are being celebrated for the new life inside your womb, and it is a wonderful and happy occasion when mothers are showered with gifts for their little one. After you get a lot of gifts, it is time to write up some Baby Shower cards in order to thank the people that attended the party for all of the things that they took the time to give you and your baby.
• Graduation – Sometimes parents aren’t able to attend the graduation of their children, particularly if the child in question is going to a school outside of the city or state where the parents live. A graduation card isn’t a decent substitute for the approval and support of your parents on a big occasion like a graduation, but it will have to do.
• Party – There’s nothing like a party to make a special event lots of fun, and greeting cards will be a good way to let people know about a party. These free printable cards are actually perfect for party themes, as you will be able to customize the festive cards to make them just right for inviting people to your party.
See how many occasions there are to send people cards? The truth is that there are often more occasions for sending cards than you have money to spend on the cards, which is what makes these free printable greeting cards the perfect solution for you. All you have to do is find the card you like, print it out, and send it to the person you wish to communicate with. It’s as easy and cheap as that, it will ensure that the person you want to communicate with knows that they are loved and being thought of on the special holiday or event.
For now, here’s an extra example – of the upcoming thanksgiving cards:
What to Write in the Card
It can be hard to know what to write in the greeting card, especially if you’re the kind of person that doesn’t have a whole lot to say. Maybe the person that you’re making the card for is someone that you’re not very familiar with, such as a coworker, a friend that you haven’t seen in a long time, or great aunt Mabel. Perhaps you just aren’t the wordsmith that you want to be, so it can be quite the challenge to make your own greeting cards if you haven’t got the skill.
The good news is that writing in the card is really the least of your worries, as writing up a greeting card is actually quite easy. You don’t have to be a wordsmith or someone that can string together epic poems in 15 minutes. Here are some tips to help you know what to write:
Keep it Simple – The truth is that no one is expecting a message that should fit on three stationary sized sheets of paper, but they are expecting a simple, short message. You don’t have to write up anything too long, but just keep the message simple and sweet.
Make it Sincere — If you can’t think of what to write, think of what you’d want to hear. You’d want a message that is real, sincere, and genuine, so just write on the card how you feel in your heart. You don’t have to get too flowery, and you certainly don’t need to try to be funny if you’re not. Just make sure that the message is simple and sincere, and it will say enough.
Stay Short – If you don’t know what to say, why would you say it at length? Just write a short message consisting of one or two little sentences, communicating your sentiments and wishing them a happy special day. It doesn’t have to be long, and short messages are always a good recourse when you don’t know what to say.
Be Yourself — You don’t have to write like a poet from the 1600s to write a nice message, but just write from your heart. Say thank you in as simple or creative a way as you want, or wish the person a happy birthday instead of saying “Felicitations on this, the most joyous day of thy birth!” Write as yourself, and the card will be a success.
It’s just as simple as that, and you will find that writing in your greeting card doesn’t have to be a huge challenge. You’ll get better at writing the simple greeting card messages in time.
And here’s yet another example – one of the free printable happy birthday cards:
Places to Find Free Printable Cards
If you’re looking to use free cards, the truth is that you’re going to need to know where to look to find these printable cards. On this site, we have a wide range of printable cards that you can use, and you’ll find that these cards will go a long way towards helping you come up with great ideas that you can use to send out special messages to friends and family on special occasions. However, you will find that there are a number of other places you can find more cards, so check them out if you want more ideas:
Baby Shower Invites – This is a site dedicated to baby showers, and you’ll find that there are a number of great pages where you can find cards and invitations for baby showers. If you want to invite your friends to your special occasion or thank them for their participation and gifts, this is a good site to check out for all things baby shower related.
Magical Kingdom – Magical Kingdom is a site where you can find all kinds of cute and beautiful greeting cards, all of which can be downloaded and printed out for free. There are cards for just about every occasion, and you won’t need to purchase any of them in order to be able to use them. All you’ll need to do is have Acrobat Reader on your computer, and you can download them, open them with this software, and get them printed out. It’s a great site to check out, and you’re guaranteed to find a number of excellent free printable cards for your use.
Printfree –Printfree is another good site to check out for greeting cards, and the name of the site tells you exactly what you can expect: free printable greeting cards and printable post cards for your use. There are dozens of pages of cards for all sorts of occasions, including baby showers, Easter, Christmas, and more, and the cards on the site can be downloaded free of charge. You can actually choose the layout of the cards you want – the fold, etc. – and you will be able to add your own customized text on the site. It’s quick and easy to use, and it will give you a number of excellent card choices.
HP – HP is a company that retails computers, printers, and other electronics, but you’ll find that their website has a special section where you can make your own greeting cards. You will be able to choose the size of the card, the background and theme of the card, and more, and all you will need is the desktop app that comes with just about every HP computer. Even if you don’t have an HP, you can download and install the app for easy access to all the free cards.
These are just a few sites to check out, but there are many more. With all of the cards that you can find here on this site and the ideas that you can find on the sites listed above, you should be easily able to find exactly what you’re looking for and print out the best greeting card for any occasion.
And here’s another example – one of the old fashioned love cards:
What You’ll Need for Making Cards
Making your own cards can be a good way to go, even if you’re using free printable cards or printable postcards. You will be able to embellish the cards that you print out, and adding your own special touch to the cards can be the way to go. If you want to make your own cards, you’re going to need a few items:
• Arts Supplies – There’s nothing like a pair of scissors to help you cut out your own card, and you’re going to need a wide variety of pencils, pens, color pencils, markers, and other art supplies in order to be able to make your own cards. You will need plenty of glue – both regular and hot glue – as well as sticky tape and other adhesives.
• Decorative Items – Ribbons and bows make an excellent addition to your greeting cards, and having some on hand is always a good idea. You may also need buttons, glitter, rhinestones, and other decorative items, as they will come in handy when it’s time to add a bit of color and flair to your cards.
• Card Paper – This is going to be one of the most important things to have, as card paper is for making cards. It is a bit thicker than regular paper, which means that it will hold its shape better. You can print out the free printable cards right onto the card paper, or use it to make your own cards.
• Colored Paper – You are going to need paper of all colors, as that’s what you will use to make the colored parts of your projects. White paper is good, but you’re going to need colored felt and construction paper as well.
• Envelopes – Envelopes are some of the most important things to have if you’re going to make your own cards, as they will provide the protection for your completed card. It’s good to have more than one size of envelope on hand, as that will ensure that you can send just about any card regardless of its shape.
• Card Packs – If you want to make it easier to make your own cards, it may be a good idea to customize cards you already have. You can buy a number of cards from your local stores, and add your own special touches to embellish and personalize them.
These things will all be necessary if you’re going to be making your own cards, as they will be the materials that you will use for the cards. You will need them all in order to be able to make cards with the free printable cards that you have, and they will allow you to customize the cards and add your own personal touch to each of them.
Tips for Printing Your Cards Correctly
If you’re going to use a printer to produce your cards, it’s very important that you do it right. The truth is that printable cards will be easy to work with, as they are made in a simple layout and size that your printer is accustomed to handling. However, it’s important to know that not all printers work the same way, so you need to be sure to prepare your card for printing exactly the right way.
The first thing to know is that any file that is saved to your computer must be saved in PDF format. This is the format that is used by every single computer on the planet, even those that don’t have Microsoft Word or the Macintosh or Linux equivalents. You will find that saving the file in PDF will make it easy to be printed on any computer, and it will ensure that the printer that produces it does so in the exact format and size it’s saved in.
You also need to be sure that your printer will be able to handle the thicker paper. Not all of the printers on the market can handle custom media, particularly thicker card paper. You will find that the printers that can work with custom media will have a much larger input tray, and you should check the manual of your printer to be certain that it’s able to print out your card on the thicker paper.
If you aren’t sure about the borders of the card, save the card to a PDF and open the file to see exactly what it’s going to look like when it’s printed out. If you’re working with a computer program to get the cards ready to be printed out, you should export the file to PDF and view it before sending it to be printed. It will help you to see exactly what it will look like, and you will be able to make adjustments in order to have it ready for printing.
Use the right size paper, and save the file you’re working on in the correct size. Many people work in Microsoft Publisher or Adobe Photoshop without really knowing how large their file is, and they save it in a size that is much too small or much too large to print out easily. Save it, open it in Adobe, and be sure that it’s the right size for the paper you’re using.
Finding and Using Funny Greeting Cards Online
There are a number of websites that you can use to make your own funny greeting cards, or you can download them and print them out. The truth is that these websites will be an excellent resource for you if you want to come up with your own creative ideas for funny greeting cards, as they can give you ideas of jokes and quips to add to your own cards.
If you’re going to use these funny greeting cards, you should be prepared to pay a few cents at least for each card. Some sites will give you the cards for free, while others will charge you. If you pay a couple of dollars for a PDF copy of the card, you will be able to print it out and send it to as many people as you want. These cards can be an excellent way to add some humor to your greetings, and they will definitely be much more appreciated than a simple card. The expense may well be worth it.
A Few Card Ideas for You
Here are a few simple card ideas that you can try, ideas that will help you to come up with your own unique cards:
Woven Valentine’s Hearts – This is going to be a fairly challenging card to make, but it will be very good if you want to impress your special someone. Draw two cylinders with one rounded end, each of which will be one side of the heart. Cut out the cylinders, and cut inch-wide strips down the middle of the heart – stopping when it just begins to curve at the top. Weave these two sides of the heart together, interlocking the different color pieces in order to form a woven heart. Write a message on the heart, or glue that woven hear to your card as a special sign of love for your sweetheart.
Nature Made Cards – One of the best things that you can do to make cards is to use the beauty of nature, and you will find that a card using pressed flowers will be beautiful and delicate. Simply gather the flowers you want to use for the card, and place them in a dictionary or another thick book to press. Give them about two weeks to press and dry out, and then use a bit of glue to adhere them to the card that you’re making. You can draw your own flower stems if you want to cut the heads off and use them for the card, or you can let nature’s beauty speak for itself.
Paper Pocket Card – This card idea can be very creative, and you’ll find that it will enable you to send a little special present along with the card. All you’ll need to do is use a bit of felt or foam paper for the card, and you can sew an extra pocket along the inside of the card. You can also use regular paper – using glue rather than needles – and you can make your own fancy decorations for the pocket. You can insert a gift card, tickets to a sports game, a filled out subscription to a magazine, or some other small items in the pocket, and use it as the perfect gift for just about anyone.
These are just a few ideas for your own cards, and you’ll find that the site is filled with more wonderfully creative ideas that you can use when making your own free printable cards!
Go to the top of this page Free Printable Cards